Last Updated on November 20, 2023
Nowadays, each user (not necessarily a designer) has the opportunity to use dozens, if not hundreds of different fonts. The choice is really colossal because some options are fancy and interesting, and others combine rigor and clear lines. And such an abundance is the main reason why it is difficult to find the best option for decoration.
Designers from MasterBundles decided to help readers by putting together some key steps to improve web design through the use of fonts. In addition, the team will present 15 interesting products (both from the range of the MB platform and third-party resources) that are definitely worth your attention. Check it out!
7 Steps How to Make Web Design Better with Fonts
So, before jumping into the best options from https://masterbundles.com/fonts/, it’s worth taking the time to discuss the key steps to creating a chic design, where font choice plays a leading role. What do experts advise?
- The chosen font should match the specifics of the design as much as possible. For example, if you’re designing business cards for a brand that creates handmade products, then it’s best to look for ornate or rounded characters. If you are promoting an IT product, then it is better to choose bold, minimalistic, and classic fonts.
- In design, it is best to use up to 2 font families so that the writing is easy to read and the work looks clean and tidy. The fonts used must be compatible with each other (successful combinations can be found on Font Pair or Google Font).
- Keep visual hierarchy in mind — you need to work not only with the type of font but also with its size/style. What you want to be noticeable in the first place, highlight large.
- Limit the length of the line, because long ones are difficult to read. It is optimal to do no more than 60-80 characters per line for PCs, laptops, and 30-40 characters for smartphones and tablets.
- Use smart leading. Vertical space between lines usually improves readability. But don’t overdo it! The best leading is about 30% of the character height in the font.
- Apply maximum color contrast to the background. Red/green text/background combinations should also be avoided, as red and green color blindness is the most common.
- Correct characters are important. Use proper apostrophes and dashes to make text easy to read. For example, a short hyphen (-) instead of a dash (—) looks terrible, just like straight quotes (“) instead of curly quotes (“, “).
So, the basic steps have been completed, now it remains to consider the most successful examples of fonts!
Great Fonts for Web Design
First, let’s look at interesting brush script fonts, monoline, and other ones, which are suitable for decorating all sorts of designs.
This option is a favorite for product packaging designs, from ice cream to baked goods, as well as for the logo design of various small shops. It is also often used to create postcards.
A little stricter, but still an interesting font. It is suitable for the design of prints on clothing, brand logos, and cosmetics.
If the customer is going to do web design for any products or services related to children, then this font is the number 1 choice!
Another font that combines attractiveness and rigor. It is relevant for the design of music covers, postcards, presentations of clothing collections, and accents in brochures.
This brush font immediately catches the eye with its roundness and continuity of form. It is hardly suitable for the design of text blocks, but it will perfectly cope with headings and titles in web design products in the field of fashion, cooking, and travel.
Such a font will make the design of the main pages/slides/blocks look splendid. It is good for complementing the design, where you need to make aesthetic postcards, logos, or headlines.
The super stylish and elegant Wild Chaos font is great for designing various products (clothing, notepads, badges), as well as for creating signatures or logos.
It is one of the best options for decorating fashion, weddings, floristry, ballet, or baking materials!
A unique option with luxurious words and symbols will make the design original — try it for photography, fashion, and sports materials creation.
Sharp, attractive, modern — it’s all about the unique My Honey font! Street fashion materials, photo captions, and specific logos will be made easier with this one.
Playful and aesthetic font Jolliresta is ready to decorate web design on any topic, but most often it is relevant for photo cards and branding materials.
Need a font for summer product designs, pool places, or kids-related themes? Great, Pooling Around will help out in such a situation!
The layout of various web designs with floral themes may require a delicate but clear font like Glorious Serif.
This option may seem boring to some, but experts do not think so — it is clear and easy to read, which means it will ideally complement almost any design.
Black Phantom is an example of the most sophisticated font that will be a great addition to material design for the culinary, fashion, and perfume industries.